Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cakes!

I have always enjoyed or liked things which are Japanese. Yes, I judge a book by its covers, that is why I like pretty stuffs! Who doesn't? Japanese are really great with packaging their products and many a times, I realised I bought something not because I really wanted the items, but because I was immensely attracted by how they looked- packaging!

I came across this florist in Tokyo once and I fell in love with how they packaged their arrangements! I was really tempted to get one for myself if I were not flying back home that very day. Not sure if I could get these arrangements past customs...

So, when I started Hanabee, I tried to come up with something pretty and alluring. I thought of cakes! Yes, cakes! How often have you passed a bakery and admired how beautiful the cakes looked? I always do.. Haha!

Floral arrangements don't have to come in bouquets. They can come together with colourul foams in the forms of cakes! So the next time you buy flowers for a friend's birthday, you can get her a cake- a Floral cake!

A friend asked if this was a real pandan cake. No, it wasn't.

 


 
I am still designing floral cakes and trying to incorporate the "Japanese spirit" into my 'cakes'. Nice packaging and all. Stay tunned for more arrangements!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment